What is it?
Awesome Screenshot is a useful chrome extension which allows you to grab screenshots and more usefully sections of screens to use as an image. It also has a useful editor so you can label and edit the images before saving them.
How to use it?
- Add the Chrome Extension.
- When you are on a website and want to grab an image – press the button and then select:
- Capture Visible Part of the Page – to capture the area you see in the window.
- Delayed Capture – useful if you need to capture a hover menu – as this gives you time to get the mouse in the right location.
- Capture entire page – grabs the whole webpage.
- Select a local image – does not take a screenshot, but uploads an image for editing.
- Capture Desktop – captures outside the browser window.
- You can then edit the image if required (includes a useful tool to blur out personal information).
4. Finally you can download the image – or connect to Google and add it to your Google Drive.